It's time for thoughts of Christmas Gift Lists and planning, and arranging for orders to arrive in time.
In addition to the original totem paintings for homes or offices, I am pleased to include the option of Giclee prints for the totem painting series (available as canvas prints and/or unframed). They are a great alternative which is easier on the pocket book, should that be a factor in your Christmas shopping.
In addition to these sales, there is still enough time to commission a specific icon which could be painted in November, allowing for a few weeks for shipping in early December. But a commission would need to be confirmed by November 11th to allow enough time. If you have any questions about a specific icon, and would like to inquire as to the rate, send your inquiry through my 'Contact' tab above.
To view the Sales options for the paintings and/or Giclee Prints, click on the 'For Sale' tab above.
The trip to Sidney was somewhat challenging, some initial car trouble, torrential rain, fog and gusty winds, and the blinding lights from oncoming traffic. A few times I thought that I should maybe not be doing this. But I finally made it, although I was 50 minutes late and missed the Opening and Award Presentations. But my efforts were rewarded by finding that the Kwaguitl Ancestors had received an Honorary Mention and had already sold.
I then found where the other paintings had been installed. The Blue Totems paintings isn't in the best lighting, and it is one painting that needs the right lighting for the colours to pop. But with such a large Art Show, it is impossible to address lighting for every painting. So, I have no complaints. I'm grateful to have 3 paintings in the show.
I'm slated to return to Sidney tomorrow to do a demo from 3-5pm and then attend the Meet the Artists Event that same evening. I'm keeping an eye on forecasts of ongoing torrential rains and Heavy wind alerts. I will need to determine whether conditions will be safe enough for the journey. It will challenging enough just to try and get canvases and equipment in and out of my van without water damage. But that will be tomorrow. I'll prep for the demo today in any case.
These paintings can be viewed during the Sidney Fine Arts Show Oct. 14-16, 2016.
Held at the Mary Winspear Centre
2243 Beacon Avenue
Friday, Oct. 14th : 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday, Oct. 15th : 9:00am – 9:00pm
Sunday, Oct. 16th : 9:00am – 5:00pm
The schedule over the next 2 weeks has taken quite a turn since the weekend. A wee sale of my last granite icon (discounted) will help cover the gas.
* Friday, I deliver the granite icon to Langford
* Saturday, attend John Powell's exhibition reception in Campbell River
* Pick Up my paintings from the printer (which will have been digitized)
* Pack 3 Paintings for Sidney.
* Tuesday (11th), deliver 3 paintings to Sidney before 3pm
* Wednesday (12th), attending celebration at VIU in Nanaimo, of Tommy Hunt new totem and work.
* Thursday (13th), Opening Reception of the Sidney Fine Arts Show
* Friday (14th), Prep for Demo on the 15th
* Saturday (15th), set up for my demo at the Show which (3-5pm), followed by the Meet the Artists Event that evening. It will be a long day and a late arrival back home.
* Sunday (16th), TBD whether I need to return to Sidney by 5pm to pick up any unsold paintings.